Meet Nathan Miller, Denton Attorney
Criminal Defense Lawyer and Former Prosecutor
Former Denton County prosecutor Nathan Miller has effectively represented
hundreds of persons facing criminal charges. He is highly rated by former
clients who praise his fierce determination to beat their charges and
his warm, knowledgeable courtside manner. Nathan is also well respected
by the judges and prosecutors with whom he works daily in Denton County, Texas.
Nathan was raised in Southlake, Texas and is a graduate of Baylor University
and Texas Wesleyan University School of Law in Fort Worth, Texas. During
law school Nathan served internships with both the United States Attorney's
Office and the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office. Nathan also
competed on several national level moot court appellate advocacy teams.
His proudest achievement was a National Championship shared with his two
teammates, Jim Graham and Jennifer Fettinger Daigle. Together, they won
the prestigious John J. Gibbons Criminal Procedure Moot Court National
Championship. In the final round against Georgetown University, Nathan
was awarded "Best Oral Advocate" of the competition.
After law school Nathan joined the Denton County District Attorney's
Office as a prosecutor. In
only two years he had successfully taken
over 50 misdemeanor and felony cases to jury trial. In addition to this courtroom work, Nathan Miller was charged with the
task of evaluating the
hundreds of other cases for plea agreements. This development of in-court and out-of-court skills
became invaluable to his next move in the landscape of
Nathan Miller began a private criminal defense practice based in Denton,
Texas in 2010. When he is not in the courtroom, Nathan enjoys hunting
waterfowl, running, cycling, and supporting Baylor Bears athletics as
a Bear Foundation Member.
- Nathan practices criminal defense exclusively and focuses on intoxication
and drug offenses.
Professional Awards / Honors:
- AVVO Rated "10/10" by former clients in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015;
Honored in 2012 and 2013 as a "Top Attorney" in
Fort Worth, Texas Magazine;
- Named "Top 100 Trial Lawyer" by The National Trial Lawyers;
- Awarded the Client Satisfaction Award by the American Institute of Criminal
Law Attorneys in 2014
- 2015 Board Member – Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- 2015 President – Denton County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- 2015 Committee Member – Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Project
- Founding Member – DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- Member – National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member – The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Baylor University
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law
- Texas Criminal Trial College.
Law School Achievements / Honors:
- National Champion and "Best Oral Advocate" in the John J. Gibbons
National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Competition
- Inducted into the National Order of the Barristers.
Nathan Miller has won "Not Guilty" jury trial verdicts on behalf
of several criminal defense clients. He also obtained dismissals after
successfully challenging DWI and drug cases on legal grounds in pretrial
hearings. Nathan believes that awards and honors are one thing –
but the most important
achievement will always be the success of his clients' cases.
- "To be tireless in my defense preparation, fearless in the courtroom,
and gracious with my time in an effort to better my clients' lives."
Get in touch with The Law Office of Nathan Miller for a